NYLUG - New York Linux Users Group Message Board › Sr. Linux Admin needed for Jersey City, NJ!
New York, NY
• Perform system administration for web and application servers
• Work with development groups on assigned projects as a devops administrator
• Perform in-depth maintenance and tuning.
• Participate in an off-hours on-call rotation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Installation and troubleshooting of software packages and OS
• Development as needed in Perl, Bash/Shell scripting.
• Strong experience with Apache, MySQL
• Strong experience with Web application management and troubleshooting
• Strong experience in a DevOps environment
• Strong experience in problem troubleshooting and systems monitoring operations dealing with networks and protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, and DNS;
• Strong background on use of code troubleshooting tools such as strace and gdb and network troubleshooting with tools such as tcpdump
• Strong experience with version control systems such as Subversion, Git, Mercurial
• Strong detailed experience with systems and network monitoring software configurations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong self-starter who is a team player
If you are interested, you may reach me at: lisa(at)gatestaffing(dot)com