Because "pick-up" soccer implies that you can just show up and get in a game, we've called this "sign-up" soccer - to ensure that people with busy schedules can reserve a spot in a planned but still casual game. We don't allow "walk-ins" unless numbers happen to be short.
In addition to the above, here's what separates this group from many others:
• Chill, positive attitudes.
• Excellent equipment: $145 balls, and square, sturdy goals (not flimsy, circular pop-ups).
• Freshly laundered, adult-size, pillowy soft bibs.
• We won't ever over-crowd a game. The size of pitch we use is best suited for 7v7. We're happy to make the pitch smaller if numbers are low. But we won't often make it bigger or allow more than 7 players per team.
• The small fee we ask of each player (at least $3 per session) supports a non-profit that we created and run: a high school soccer league for under-funded schools, which don't have sufficient resources for after-school programming.
See nyisl.com for more info. about our program for under-served public school students.
We use your game-fee to help pay for our high school players' new soccer boots, socks, shin guards and much more (e.g., the league website, goals, and other equipment).
We're particularly fond of in-kind donations: soccer boots, socks, shins, shorts, etc.
If you have any of the above gear, please bring it along to your game and we'll be more than happy to waive your game fee!
Please remember to RSVP (and to change your RSVP if your plans change). If you show up without signing up, you may find the game full. If you sign up and don't show up (thereby causing the game to have uneven numbers, or worse - making it so that there aren't enough people for a game), then you'll be swiftly shown the exit!
And PLEASE TAKE NOTE: If you like to moan and wine at others because you don't think they've made a good enough pass, this isn't the game for you. This game is for those who want a positive, welcoming experience! If you want a venue for getting out your aggression - or for showing off - there are plenty of typical pick-ups out there!
Hope to see you out there soon!
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Friday, January 2, 2015 9:30 AM
Sunday, January 4, 2015 6:30 PM
Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:30 AM
Friday, January 9, 2015 9:30 AM
Sunday, January 11, 2015 6:30 PM
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:30 AM
Friday, January 16, 2015 9:30 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2015 6:30 PM
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:30 AM
Friday, January 23, 2015 9:30 AM
Sunday, January 25, 2015 6:30 PM
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:30 AM
Friday, January 30, 2015 9:30 AM
Sunday, February 1, 2015 6:30 PM
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:30 AM
Friday, February 6, 2015 9:30 AM
Sunday, February 8, 2015 6:30 PM
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:30 AM
Friday, February 13, 2015 9:30 AM
Sunday, February 15, 2015 6:30 PM