Join us this Thursday at TurnToTech for an info session on TurnToTech’s Ruby on Rails bootcamp.
Come prepared with all your questions about TurnToTech's pay after job program, how do you improve your chances of getting accepted, the curriculum.
Learn about TurnToTech's Internship - we have companies lined up waiting for you to get started on them!
Also, talk to the founders and instructors and get a first hand feel for what it’s like to be a part of TurnToTech community.
Aditya Narayan (about him... ), TurnToTech's co-founder will be hosting the Q&A session.
Free pizza and beer!
The Bootcamp Syllabus
Weeks 1 and 2: The Fundamentals
• Setting up your environment: Command line, text editors, rails
• 25 elementary but challenging programming problems in Ruby
• Emphasis on fundamentals and consistency
• Understanding the Agile methodology
• Git, testing, and regular expressions
• Test driven development
Weeks 3, 4, and 5: Developing an in-depth understanding of Web Technology
• HTTP, REST, JSON
• Web Server configuration
• Dynamic web pages
• Being responsive – Designing for Mobile
• Frameworks such as Rails that help with development of web applications
• Go deep and build a rails-like framework from scratch
• Even more dynamic – Push technologies such as Web sockets
• Practical side of things: Server Clustering, Heroku, Amazon EC2
Weeks 6, 7, 8: Creating a practical Web App
• Writing thread safe applications
• Saving data : Relational databases, SQL and postgresql
• Saving data the Rails way: ActiveRecord
• Talking to a server: Creating an API that serves JSON
• Authentication and authorization, devise, cancan
• Specialized data storage technologies: Amazon S3
• Social network integration – Facebook and Twitter
• Uploading files, carrierwave
• Adding email support to your web app
• Log files
• High performance and reliability related topics: Sticky sessions, session replication, memcache
Weeks 9-12: Internship
• Work on a real project that will be released on the web
• Get a glimpse of what it’s like to work at a real startup
• Learn how large projects are managed using tools such as github and trello
Feel like applying already? Go for it http://turntotech.io/ruby-on-rails/