This group has been created to help owners socialize their dogs. Behavior problems frequently arise from inadequate socialization, and behavior problems are the leading cause of death for dogs in shelters. We can help all sorts of dogs, and deliver the one-on-one attention troubled dogs need. We use positive reinforcement only, and focus on helping the dog change their emotional response to something that triggers them. We go at the dog's pace, and meet every Sunday morning, weather permitting. Take a look at the CARE method here, and read Control Unleashed by Leslie McDevitt and Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) by Grisha Stewart for an idea of the types of exercises we'll do.
• It is important to RSVP to the meetups if you are attending.
• We meet every Sunday mornings 8:45-11:00am unless notified otherwise. The park location may change, but the time will be consistent.
• A 4 or 6-foot leash is required at all times per Irvine law, no exceptions. No flexi leashes, please.
• Owners maintain responsibility and liability for their dogs actions at all times, and IDOGS organizers cannot be held responsible or liable while the leash is in the owner's hand.
• Please check your email prior to attending to ensure the meetup has not been cancelled due to weather or personal emergency of the organizers.