OCPHP | Orange County PHP Message Board General Discussion › OC Drupal Announcement

OC Drupal Announcement

William
user 2770677
Group Organizer
La Palma, CA
Hi.

It's been a good year for Orange County PHP (OCPHP) with the continued education of PHP in the local development community. One of the groups biggest accomplishments in the past year has been branching out a Drupal group to Orange County. In the span of less than one year, we were able to the grow an active group from nothing. With the help of Jason Gordon and all of you that brought your questions and knowledge to the OC Drupal meetups, its been a great success. There have been meetups nearly every month and we've held a 3 day training session where proceeds were donated to One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) and a life was changed by also donating to the non-profit Kiva (kiva.org).

As OC Drupal has grown, it has come time for the groups to split for the best interest of our PHP and Drupal members. Orange County PHP (OCPHP) and OC Drupal will continue their close ties but function separately. I will continue to organize OCPHP while Jason will take the helm of OC Drupal. I have full confidence in Jason's abilities both as an organizer and his knowledge in Drupal. I have no doubt he will make OC Drupal an even bigger success.

A new meetup has been created for OC Drupal and you are invited to not only join but attend the first meetup; details are below.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks!

William Estrada

OC Drupal

Tues, September 15th
Newport Beach, CA

To become a member of OC Drupal on meetup.com and for more details of the meetup, visit http://www.meetup.com...­