Instigator is hosting a "Rockin' Blues Jam" at Cooks Corner, let's show up and take over, I mean let's meetup and join them! BTW, if I know Instigator, and I do, I think they actually mean a "Rock AND Blues Show. So don't be afraid to bring some rock tunes with you to this. The blues police will be held in check.
Backline will be provided, just bring your axe and a good attitude, and some beer money. Let's pack the place and show Cook's that Instigator can bring the crowd.
Due to the nice big crowd we have signed up, there have to be some guidelines:
1. Instigator has priority (it's our jam!)
2. Show up early and spend money...the bar enjoys that.
3. If you want to jam with someone, sign up at the same time.
4. No complaining about the volume, we are all sick of the same old tired whining. If it's too loud, sit out back.
5. Refer to rule #1.
6. Respect the equipment and the club, they both cost money to run. The volume will be set after the first or second set, it may be loud but not ear-bleed loud, so don't make it that way.
7. I (B.J.) will dock your set time if you take too much time setting up, so keep your rig simple. I will have two great sounding amps and a cord for each to plug in.
8. When it is your turn, be ready or you will be passed over and have to wait. So tune up and have cords or strap ready to go.
9. Keep the song selections simple, it's everyone's job to make all of our fellow players look and sound good.
10. I am running this jam, I am the one that makes the rules and I will be fair. If I'm not available, there are 3 other members of Instigator to help you. We all like beer.
11. Have fun or you will be asked to leave until your tantrums stop.
12. Any questions? Shoot me an e-mail: [masked]
13. (From Al) Drummers should bring their own sticks. I'll be around to help make adjustments to the kit, but due to time constraints, let's try to keep those to a minimum.