addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

OC/LA JavaScript -- Downey Message Board › Ideas and format for future OCLAROR meetings

Ideas and format for future OCLAROR meetings

Aureliano
user 8211168
Group Organizer
Downey, CA
We've had some good and productive Saturday sessions and it seems to me the group will gradually mature and evolve. Our focus has been ruby primarily but that is a about to change. It makes sense to focus 3/4 of our time to Rails and the remaining 1/4 to ruby. As you know, the core of Rails is Ruby so we'll continue our interest in the language, with the added benefit that Rails will bring.

I would like to extend the invitation to anyone that wished to step foward and share with the group whatever you believe to be relevant and beneficial. Don't be shy. Perhaps Brad Graham, Juan Serrano or Piyush would like to do this at some point. I do think the group would enjoy their sharing.  

Books we will be using:

1. Beginning Ruby, From Novice to Professional, by Peter Cooper

2. Ruby on Rails 3 Tutorial, by Michael Hartl

3. Agile Web Development with Rails fourth edition, by Sam Ruby and David Thomas and DHH

Hope to see all of you soon.