|Sent on:||Monday, July 30, 2007 11:34 AM|
Just passing these along…
[address removed] [mailto:[address removed]] On Behalf Of Nancy White
Sent: Monday, July 30,[masked]:27 AM
To: [address removed]
Subject: [of] Two Online Community manager Job Listings
2. In the
Manager, Social Networking Site
Salon is looking for an experienced, versatile Web
veteran who will help direct an ambitious new initiative
in social networking.
Key tasks include:
* Work closely with editorial, tech, design staff and existing
communities (The Well, Table Talk) to launch product and continue to
improve it. This will require detail-oriented project management with
tech team, choosing product features and revising through testing and
user feedback, and close work with design team before and after launch.
* Work with Salon's editorial and marketing staff to develop a marketing
plan for the site, with Salon users and the wider Web community.
* Consult with sales team to develop ad placement and explore customized
products for sponsors.
* Serve as an ambassador, creating a home page, blogging and modeling
what the service can do. Communicate with users, on and offline. Set
community rules and oversee moderation.
* Work with editorial team to highlight content on Salon home page and
other locations. Help editors and writers as they begin to experiment
with calling for content from users.
Qualifications for the job:
* 3-5 years of online community or relevant Internet experience.
* Proven track record in successful product launches, including design,
development, user testing and launch.
* Experience in managing community based products.
* Strong understanding of Web (especially social-networking)
Send resume and cover letter to klauerman@salon.
* * *
New York Editorial Director
Nancy White | Full Circle Associates | Connecting communities online
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]