That's right, the Mega Millions lottery jackpot is $640 million for this Friday's drawing! That's the highest jackpot in history. Now let's make history and win it.
Further, the cash payout ($462M:1) is almost triple the odds (175M:1), which has never happened before. The time is ripe, my friends. As wealthy vegans, we will change the world.
The huge jackpot requires a more aggressive level of participation. If we raise $1,000 for our pool, we'll increase our odds of winning to 175,000 to one. Please forward this to anyone you think may be interested.
This time, I'll collect contributions in increments of $10 from anyone interested via the meetup sites meetup.com/aprl-oc and meetup.com/ocvegandrinks. I’ll use all net funds to buy lottery tickets, and provide everyone who participates with a pdf showing all tickets purchased and numbers. If you'd like to participate, just RSVP and pay $10 via Amazon Payments no later than 12:15 pm on Friday, March 30 (that's when I'll buy the tickets). To increase your investment in increments of $10, just add and pay for additional guests. If you do not have or cannot establish an Amazon Payments account, unfortunately you'll be unable to participate. I cannot accept cash, checks, IOUs, wire transfers, barter goods, personal services or other methods of payment. Unfortunately, I also cannot accept PayPal because of their policy against collecting funds to buy lottery tickets.
After the drawing, we'll split our huge win, retire, and devote our time to promoting veganism!
Terms of participation:
1. California law permits multiple players to share winnings from a single lottery ticket. This event is governed by California law.
2. The RSVP deadline to participate is March 30, 2011 at 12:15 pm Pacific time. Net funds collected as of the cut-off time will be used to purchase Mega Millions lottery tickets for the drawing to be held March 30, 2011 at 8:00 pm Pacific time. "Net funds" means total funds collected, less any service fees withheld by Amazon or other payment processing organization.
3. Before the drawing, all participants will be provided with a link to a pdf displaying all tickets purchased and lottery numbers. All tickets will be purchased as "quick-picks." Participants cannot request particular numbers as this would drive the organizer insane.
4. A participant can enter multiple times by increasing his/her RSVP to add multiple "guests" and paying $10 for himself/herself and for each guest. Winnings will be split among participants in proportion to the amount invested by each participant. For example, if player A contributes $10, player B contributes $20 and player C contributes $30, and the total win is $3,000,000, player A would receive $500,000, player B would receive $1,000,000 and player C would receive $1,500,000.
5. A win will be distributed among participants only if it exceeds $500 in the aggregate. Any smaller win will be donated to Animal Protection & Rescue League, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to animal protection. Winnings will NOT be invested in later drawings as this involves multiple trips to the store, buying of tickets, scanning of tickets, posting of scans, and emailing to participants. Better to make a small, animal-friendly donation and start fresh each time.
6. Any qualifying win will be collected and paid in a lump sum pursuant to the "cash payment" option. Each participant is responsible for his/her own income taxes and/or other assessments. Legal costs and fees (to outside counsel) will be deducted before splitting winnings.
7. Anyone is eligible to play. Participants need not be vegan, California residents, nor U.S. citizens to win!