addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Edmonton Off Leash Dog Walking Group Message Board › Hi Members of Saturday's Walk

Hi Members of Saturday's Walk

Jean C.
JeanCoates
Group Organizer
Edmonton, AB
Just thought I would pass this message on, from Salina who was on our walk on Saturday, for those that were wondering about her dog Tucker.

Hi, Jean:

Ginger & I finally found Tucker around 5:00 p.m.

I could not entertain the thought of leaving him spend the night there cold and lonely. Ginger & I searched for Tucker for another 2 hours after the walk, could not find him. So, I drove to Tim Horton to get hot tea and sandwich, went back to Ravine again with Ginger. I let Ginger off to trace Tucker. As I walked and yelled out loud, Ginger followed my example (bayed and sniffed) to call out to Tucker. Eventually, Ginger tracked him down.

Tucker is Ok but I am NOT in a good shape. Ginger is exhausted too but in good spirit. I had a bruise on my left hip, had leg and toe-cramps, aching body and am still VERY exhausted.

Jean, I highly appreciate your friendliness and some group members' caring (took photos of me and my dogs; helped me to get up after the fall; stayed behind to keep an eye on me….). What a friendly and lively group!

However, I do not think I could join you all again in a non-fenced leash-free park. Being a coon-hunting dog – Tucker simply could not resist his urge/nature not to go after small animals when he smelled one/some. He is not as smart as Ginger to find his way back.

Salina.