Edmonton Off Leash Dog Walking Group Message Board › Favorite off leash parks?

Favorite off leash parks?

A former member
Post #: 67
Hi everybody! Just wondering what parks everyone likes to take their dogs to? We LOVE Buena Vista (across from the zoo), and our neigbourhood park in Callingwood (small park but everyone's really friendly). We also like Terwillegar, Millcreek and Hermitage.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, We live near Rundle Park on the North East side of Edmonton so we have started taking Chance to Hermitage off-leash park. Chance is our first dog. And, we have never before been to an off-leash park but we really enjoy Hermitage. Everyone, both owners and dogs, has been really friendly. There is also a paved trail there too; if the mosquito's become really bothersome. We haven't really tried any other parks yet; we probably should.smile
A former member
Post #: 74
Hermitage is really nice, the paved trails are great for the stroller too since I've always got my daughter with me :) It's great that you've found a park that you like so much. The off leash parks are a city dogs best friendbiggrin I swear I could walk my bostons all day and they wouldn't be tired, so we love the dog park, lol! We probably wouldn't have tried as many parks as we have, but I belong to a few moms groups on meetup as well, and I've been trying to encourage some of the moms with dogs to take them to an off leash! So we've had a few walks at off leash parks. It's lots of fun, plus what kid doesn't love dogs?smile
John C.
user 4796555
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
I just found the one near the Dawson bridge and am liking it a lot. Go to Jasper and 95 street. Turn south on 95th and ten take Rowland road. Look for a sign saying Dawson park. Then park. Then go east (past a bit of construction that's being done). There's a paved trail plus a footpath trail. It goes on for a long way with high hills on the left and the saskatchewan river on the right.