Edmonton Off Leash Dog Walking Group Message Board › New Meetup: Capilano Offleash Park

New Meetup: Capilano Offleash Park

Jean C.
JeanCoates
Group Organizer
Edmonton, AB
Announcing a new Meetup for The Edmonton Off Leash Dog Recreation Meetup Group!

What: Capilano Offleash Park

When: August 30, 2009 2:00 PM

Where:
Capilano Offleash Park
50 St SE
Edmonton, AB T5A 0A1

We had a great walk at Big Bear Park with 9 owners and 13 pooches. Once again the weather cooperated and it is a super park with lots of trees and a ravine for the dogs to cool down and get a drink. We had a couple of newcomers (Georgia with her Pug Poppy and Courtney with her Aussi Shepherd Cross Cortana) and they had a great time with the other dogs.

Our next walk is going to be at Capilano Off Leash Park on Sunday, August 30th at 2:00 p.m. This park goes along the river and is quite beautiful. We are so lucky in Edmonton to have such great Off Leash parks, as I know many other large cities as ours do not.

To get to Capilano Park you need to be on the South side of the river. Take 50th street North until it comes to a dead end and turn left into the parking lot. There is a Gazebo at the end of the parking lot on the right hand side. I'll meet you there. There is lots of parking.

If you get lost or are going to be late, call me on my cel. I'll only have it on for the walk. 780/690-5256.

Looking forward to seeing you and your pooch at Capilano Offleash Park on Sunday, August 30 at 2:00 p.m.

Jean Coates, Organizer
Sam, Vickie & Vegas

Learn more here:
http://offleash.meetu...­
Cathy w.
user 9864854
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
finally! A meet-up date and time my dogs and I can actually attend. I work alternate weekends and every meet-up is on a weekend I work. I work on the 30th but I work split shifts and live close to Capilano so we will be able to attend betwwen shifts.
Capilano is our main off-leash area and is very beautiful especially this time of the year.
Cathy +Marty (the Bassett) + Shilo (the senior lab X)
See you there!biggrin
A former member
Post #: 1
I am very excited to be joining this time, its my first time and am anxious to take my puppy, Georgie, 7 month old Boston Terrier cross, out. She is very socialized with other dogs, but is still learning to come on command, so we will probably watch the other dogs for an example, lol. Hoping that helps with training. Stephany
A former member
Post #: 2
Turns out I have to go to my parents this weekend. I am really disapointed I won't be able to attend. Next one for sure. I know Georgie would love to meet the other dogs. My apologies.