add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Take a hike! Message Board › afternoon local hikes midweek

afternoon local hikes midweek

A former member
Post #: 10
Hi. some of you may have already seen this, but I'd love to have a few people who would like to get out for 1 to 2 hours, mid week and hit some local trails. I work from home, and have a flexible schedule, but need the fresh air to think straight after hours of computer and phone time. I am totally open to hiking trails and time of day. Just good to keep me moving for the longer hikes on the weekend. HOpe you are interested.
Katy H.
Kitty S.
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 4
Hi Katy, That sounds like a good idea: short hikes in the afternoon. Jan is interested in that also. After the rain is over, I'd like to schedule an afternoon hike to De Laveaga or Nisene Marks. ~Kitty
A former member
Post #: 12
Thanks Kitty for the response. Not sure who Jan is or how to reach her, but I would love to be able to get in touch. Possibly even later this week if the weather hods. De Laveaga is nice, but Nisene seems so dank and overgrown when I hiked there last... I was really surprised. I will reach out later this week, if anyone is open to joining me for a bit of fresh air for an hour or two.
user 4104879
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 4
There was a discussion in late November about this - short afternoon hikes would be good for me too.
lewis w.
user 11343524
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 3
Hi Katy,
I'd be up for a 1 to 2 hr afternoon local midweek hike.
Just depends on the day.
I'd appreciate your keeping me informed.
Thanks for thinking of this,
leslye l.
user 13987258
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 6
I'm up for this too, having some flexibility with my schedule. Wilder has that short, hilly loop, Seacliff beach has miles of shoreline and some great stairs to climb for extra work, and I love Nisene in the rain.
user 11724069
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 1
Hiking during the week sounds great to me. Am going out to Henry Cowell today for a few hours.
If anyone wants to go for a hike this week, please let me know.
A former member
Post #: 13
Short weekday hikes are not short if it takes a long time to get to them so this concept has to be location, relative to participants, dependent. I do two hikes that are Live Oak centric, one is to The Top Of The World in DeLaveaga, but from the other side (Brookwood Dr), the other along the ocean.
A former member
Post #: 14
Thanks everyone who responded. I will refer back to this during the week to see if we can make some local, two hour or less hikes happen.
A former member
Post #: 6
Great idea Katy. Count me in.