addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Take a hike! Message Board › State Parks Closing

State Parks Closing

A former member
Post #: 36
calparks has a list and map of the 70 state parks that are closing. Castle Rock, Garrapata and Portola Redwoods have been frequented by us.
A former member
Post #: 36
calparks has a list and map of the 70 state parks that are closing. Castle Rock, Garrapata and Portola Redwoods have been frequented by us.

Very bad news...thanks for bringing this to my attention Andrew.

Everyone...I signed their online petition to oppose this. If you care about the parks closing, take a minute to sign it too!

Online Petition to Oppose California State Park Closures
Ron
user 5643244
Boulder Creek, CA
Post #: 3
This is a big bummer.

I urge everyone to call and write the Governor's office to express your dissatisfaction with and the unacceptability of this plan.

Castle Rock, Portola Redwoods and Soberanes Canyon which is part of Garrapata State Park will be huge losses. Rangers are giving out $500 tickets on closed trails so it is likely anyone parking near a trail head and hiking in the closed parks will be facing the potential of a huge fine and potentially a trespassing misdemeanor.
A former member
Post #: 1
Thank you for the link Mai, I signed the petition.
ninamo
ninamo
Felton, CA
Post #: 12
Thanks for posting!
California's State Parks play an important role in improving the health and well-being of millions of people. They provide a convenient and inexpensive way to recreate, exercise, reduce stress, and respect nature. With health care in shambles, we need our parks to stay open. -- now more than ever.
Larry
user 2603860
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 6
Another way to help the parks is to buy a Park Pass and use it. I'll bet when the state tallies the number of people using a park like Castle Rock or Henry Cowell they count the cars in the lot, not the larger number parked on the street outside. Passes range from $10 for the LIMITED USE GOLDEN BEAR PASS up to $125 for the VEHICLE DAY USE ANNUAL PASS. This is a great way to support the parks if you can afford it.
leslye l.
user 13987258
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 1
Great idea! I alternate between parking outside and buying a pass.
Is it true the rangers are giving $500 fines? Where did you find that info?