Atlanta Beyond Oil Message Board › Invitation to meeting with Inspiring Futures Mon 1/8/07

Invitation to meeting with Inspiring Futures Mon 1/8/07

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Hi everyone,

We had a good meeting last week and a great dinner out together. Liz will be sending out the minutes as soon as I type up the info from the flip charts and send it to her.

I am writing to let you know of an opportunity that we have to increase peak oil awareness as well as spread information about energy curtailment and conservation. Inspiring Futures is considering sponsoring an event on July 4th called "Energy Independence Day" that we could participate in.

Inspiring Futures is the organization that sponsors the Bioneers Conference in Atlanta. Many of our members participate in this conference. They also do other things, and are in the process of putting together their 2007 schedule.

I called Tirza Hollenhorst, the Director of IF, to tell her that I was interested in holding an Open Space Technology workshop* sometime next Spring on the topic of something like "Making the energy transition?using less energy, using non-carbon based energy sources," specifically to address peak oil and climate change concerns.

She thought the best fit for IF would be the July 4th event. It is held at the Oasis Gardens. Last year's press release is here: http://www.inspiringf...­
She invited me to the next IF programming meeting and said she would tell the person who usually heads this event up that I was interest in it.

So I may be facilitating an OST at this event, and there may be ways that Atlanta Beyond Oil wants to participate as well.

If you are interested in getting in on the development of this event, please let me know, and you can join me at the next IF programming meeting on Monday, January 8th, near Decatur.

I will present what I learn at our meeting on Wednesday, January 10th.

I hope your Holiday Season is bright (not by burning electricity, of course!) and look forward to seeing you in the New Year. I will be out of town December 28th ? January 6th, but will have access to my cell phone and email if you would like to get in touch with me. I always like to hear from you!

Lizzie
c) 770-527-7075

*Open Space Technology is the name of a meeting format that is very participatory. It is especially appropriate when there is a complex, urgent problem that needs input from everyone and can only be solved with the "buy in" of everyone. In Open Space, the participants set the agenda, and participate in conversations on topics that they are passionate about. There are also opportunities to create an action plan with others that are willing to take responsibility for solutions. At the end of it, the participants have a Book of Proceedings that includes the work that everyone has done, as well as the contact information for everybody involved.