Growers, Patients and Caregivers Exchange. Message Board › Doctor in Eugene

Doctor in Eugene

Ananda
A.Handshealer
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 362
Here is another one to try. Let us know how they are, thanks.

http://ommpcard.com/...­

Looking for a Doctor in Eugene?
Try this:
"Call chronic care at 541-344-1688 and they will take care of you."

Posted by one of our members who couldn't figure out how to post.
He told his buddy that I had deleted it, which I hadn't. His buddy gave me hell in an
email rant. That doctor better be good for all the grief he/she has
already given me!

Good luck with that number and PLEASE give us feedback on if
he/she is any good and let us know how the "chronic care" folks are, too.
Thanks
Ero
user 12902424
Eugene, OR
Post #: 5
I just checked them out with a new patient. I only met the front desk and she seemed nice. The total cost came out to be $300, which seemed like a lot.
A former member
Post #: 2
I just checked them out with a new patient. I only met the front desk and she seemed nice. The total cost came out to be $300, which seemed like a lot.

Compassion Center only cost me 160 to see the doctor. Of course the application fee was more on top of that, but I am not sure if you are looking for that or not.

Shadow
user 23102801
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
That 300 was that just the visit ?..... i paid 275 total...I went to ' Southern oregon alternative medicine on main street springfield...www.southernoregonalternat­ivemedicine.com...
Surfer_Lee
user 13318500
Eugene, OR
Post #: 20
That 300 was that just the visit ?..... i paid 275 total...I went to ' Southern oregon alternative medicine on main street springfield...www.southernoregonalternat­ivemedicine.com...

I have heard lots of bad reports from multiple patients that southern Oregon is shady, made them come back and pay more$$$$$. A guy that worked there got caught embezzling money and the list goes on and on... There is more that I could share.

People beware, these clinics are here to make money and have no morals or ethics when it comes to caring about the patient.
Brandon H.
user 60123202
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
I havent yet talked to my doctor about my condition for the reason that he might deny my request to get a medical marijuana card, is there any reliable doctors in eugene oregon that would give me a recommendation, i have depression and marijuana seems to be the only thing that helps, and its also a passion of mine to be able to grow for people who need it. Does it come down to just spending the money for a recommendation?
A former member
Post #: 6
No. Any doctor worth their salt is going to be direct with you. If you feel your condition does not qualify you then why would a doctor prescribe you cannabis? A doctor has to have a "state qualified" reason why and has to explain that to OMMP when they call.

Going to a doctor who rubber stamps applications is not getting your moneys worth. My primary doctor charges me $60/visit. She spends a full hour with me. My annual physical is part of the OMMP annual re-application. When I'm done, she signs off, I've had a full physical and it's only about $180 to renew.

Overpaying people to have them do what you can do yourself is ridiculous. Look into it.
Michael
user 36077002
Oakridge, OR
Post #: 23
Compassion Center Director has been very kind to me. . . If your medical records clearly show need for Medical Marijuana, you will be helped there. You may know after Doctor visit, if you have food stamps you can purchase actual card for $20.00 rather than $100.00. . .

Peace and Love To Us All,
Michael and His Cat Harley The Bed Hog
A former member
Post #: 7
From the FAQ page on the OMMP State of Oregon site:

4) Who qualifies for the reduced fee?

To be eligible for the reduced fee of $20, a patient must provide current proof that he or she receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. To be eligible for the reduced fee of $100, a patient must provide current proof that he or she receives food stamp benefits (SNAP), or is eligible for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). The patient must provide a current eligibility statement at the time he or she submits his or her medical marijuana application. A $50 grow site registration fee still applies if someone other than the patient is designated as the grower. An individual IS NOT eligible for a reduced fee because he or she receives Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Social Security Benefits (SSB), or Medicare. Only eligibility for the programs above qualify an individual for a reduced fee.
Michael
user 36077002
Oakridge, OR
Post #: 24
Sorry for misinformation, the rules changed since my last renewal. . . Thankz, I should stay alert on changes.
I still do like Compassion Center Director, especially if someone does not have their own M.D.

Peace and Love To Us All,
Michael and His Cat Harley The Bed Hog