Growers, Patients and Caregivers Exchange. Message Board › Koh Chang Thai ~ 100% Sativa Seeds and Clones

Koh Chang Thai ~ 100% Sativa Seeds and Clones

Algorithm
algorithm42
Portland, OR
Post #: 89
www.mpp.org/states/oregon/OregonHB3460_S­ummary.pdf just for starters. It is in the bill. HB 3460(amended). You can just google hb3460 and "normal and customary costs of doing business." Tons of lawyer explanations, NORML, Americans for Safe Access etc, plus I believe its on the OMMP site.
Paul
user 22551251
Eugene, OR
Post #: 64
Ero is correct. I am already seeing small warehouses growing 5000 plants seeking to increase to 26,000 plants ! Have no idea what the quality will be like - will this be Coors beer vs micro brew for the smaller growers ? And dispensary prices are already high and will go higher. $400 an oz in Colorado from a dispensary vs $150 from a small grower . What happens when it all goes legal here in Oregon ?
A former member
Post #: 48
HB3460 states that dispensaries will not be able to grow their own cannabis, they can only obtain cannabis from OMMP Patients/Growers/Caregivers. So whoever tries to start up giant warehouse grow like Ero was talking about will surely do some time.
Algorithm
algorithm42
Portland, OR
Post #: 90
Agreed, by the law, dispensaries cant grow for themselves....lets see how many shady places get around that through loopholes...but they will still get in trouble.
A former member
Post #: 119
Normal customary costs of doing business does not mean paying growers for labor. The law still has restrictions on compensation for growers. This is presumptuous and wishful thinking, but is certainly not defined in business economics. Furthermore, I'm positive the state and law enforcement would take exception to growers being paid for labor. Lol... nice try
Algorithm
algorithm42
Portland, OR
Post #: 92
I am being far from presumptuous. LABOR IS A NORMAL AND CUSTOMARY COST OF DOING BUSINESS. Have you taken economics? When the law says "labor"...wait...have you even read the FULL REVISED BILL??? Labor is part of the costs of doing business.... In Macro and Micro Economics this is taught. But back to basics, you are the minority on this one obviously. What you are not getting by not understanding or reading the full law and maybe speaking with an attorney is that labor is taken into account for dispensary reimbursements. You can laugh but can you seriously say that the "state and federal" police will care? NO! Colorado and many other states allow for labor to be PAID. Also, we are still on the donation/reimbursement system, so there is no pay. Maybe narrow down your verbiage to help you be more understanding of the law. Its easy to tell someone they are wrong but back it up please. It is in the law and if you don't understand that you will be the one missing out. Read read and read again. Maybe talk to a few more of the....everyone...else...who knows this change is coming. Its in the news, its in the law, its on social networks. Sorry but you are very wrong and misinformed.
A former member
Post #: 120
I'm not interested in a lengthy debate on this forum. I have read the bill and your argument for labor rests on a vague, short sentence in the bill. Labor is not mentioned anywhere in the bill. Even in economics, labor is not clearly defined as "normal and customary". This is a dynamic that will be decided in the courts, not in forums. I know we all wish we could be paid for our Labour, but I don't see it. Not immediately anyway. My bet is people will end up in jail first before it's ultimately decided
Algorithm
algorithm42
Portland, OR
Post #: 93
Well I suppose that we will just have to agree to disagree. No matter what our laws say, it will be decided federally in the courts. I still feel as if your must have read the abridged version because labor is specified. Its with an asterisk and number. What matters is we as growers deserve fair compensation, and that shift is occurring for that to happen. Maybe someone else can chime in some info if they have it.
A former member
Post #: 121
You might be right. I may have read the wrong version of the bill. I read the bill from the link posted on the ommp website. I'll look into it further. I agree that we deserve to be paid for our Labor, but I think law makers are still very reluctant to turn growing Weed into a legitimate career. Allowing growers to be paid for their labor would do just that. I think we will get there, but not yet