Growers, Patients and Caregivers Exchange. Message Board › ommp card NOT required for Meetups or Farmers Market .... What do you think?

ommp card NOT required for Meetups or Farmers Market .... What do you think?

Ananda
A.Handshealer
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Hi Members,
OMMP card is NOT required for Meetups even when we are making medicines. Of course, only patients may partake of the healing herb by decree of Federal and State "law". But, that doesn't mean non-card holders cant attend meetups. Just follow the same rules you would follow anywhere else in the State of Oregon.
I think it would be a good idea to open the Medical Marijuana Farmers Market to non-card holders, too. As long as they agree to not partaking, not reimbursing and not touching while on the premises.
What do Members think? I'd like your feedback if you have a minute or two.
Thank You!
Happy New Year
Ero
user 12902424
Eugene, OR
Post #: 138
Seems like a sane idea, but it might open you up to liability. Even at the Barcade they stamp when they check ID that way they know who is allowed to drink.
Richard
Richard13
Eugene, OR
Post #: 2
I think that might be a good idea.. it could open some folks idea on who and how we work and break some grounds for those who are interested in becoming a cardholder but shy away because of the worries of social judgement for choosing a non lethal natural remedy for whatever it is that they live through on a daily basis. . Im for it as long as its legal and no problems legally come to both the establishment or the marketers..
Robert M.
Grower55
Eugene, OR
Post #: 10
I think it would be a good idea to open the Medical Marijuana Farmers Market to non-card holders, too.
I am for it, Chuck! I also think it would be good for the movement to involve others no in the ommp program, to share what we are all about. And to help and inform the general public (our family and friends) as to what we are all about. It also takes us out of the closet, so to speak.
Yep! I am for it.
Michael
user 36077002
Oakridge, OR
Post #: 57

Though I am not a paying member it might be important to consider if it is against the law {at this point in time} for non-card holders to be very near medicine. . .

If not, open doors are a great way to educate and build community. . .
However, as we know if it is illegal in any way it poses threat to community. . .

Peace-n-Light-n-Love To Us All,
Michael and his Cat Still The Bed Hogg Harley
Rick S.
frickenfrack
Sweet Home, OR
Post #: 20
Short and Sweet! Not a good idea!