Growers, Patients and Caregivers Exchange. Message Board › GROWERS, PATIENTS & CAREGIVERS EXCHANGE

GROWERS, PATIENTS & CAREGIVERS EXCHANGE

Allan N.
user 98951992
Eugene, OR
Post #: 28
I would suggest something like a co-op where a majority vote determines policy and membership.
Paul
user 22551251
Eugene, OR
Post #: 92
From the non response of hundreds of members here, it appears to me that those needing meds would rather go pay more at a dispensary than provide support to any co-op . Hell I already suggested 50 - 100 dollar donation ounces - no one noticed or bothered. So to the Dispensary it goes - confused
erik s.
erock
Eugene, OR
Post #: 77
I already posted about less then 100 for an ounce to but it seems like people would rather pay way more at the dispensaries. Go figure, patients always bitch about the cost of growing or having to contribute whatsoever, but don't mind paying 270 an ounce at a dispensary.
Ananda
A.Handshealer
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 839
It is called "the retail experience" ... what can I say ? People are dumb asses? ...some think so.
I'm still looking for some people to start the Seven Growers ... I'm ready to give them to most wonderful retail experience they can imagine. How about you?
I already posted about less then 100 for an ounce to but it seems like people would rather pay way more at the dispensaries. Go figure, patients always bitch about the cost of growing or having to contribute whatsoever, but don't mind paying 270 an ounce at a dispensary.

jay
user 25650562
Eugene, OR
Post #: 35
Or maybe the hundreds of members of this group no longer frequent this site. Or maybe the weed sucks (generally the case with 100 dollar ounces. Our maybe nobody wants to Purchase from somebody who is so quick to call other members "dumb asses"
Algorithm
algorithm42
Portland, OR
Post #: 123
I believe in all reality that there are long held beliefs surrounding grower patient relationships that throw things off. Another problem is that people believe that the dispensary, or the "dispensary experience" as Chuck put it seems to validate their medical use, making it seem like less of a black market dealing even though its not, it just seems that way when you meet some guy in a safeway(?) parking lot for a hundred dollar ounce.
That ounce could not be that good and the patient does not feel like they can properly complain to an establishment(although dispensaries usually wont give you new stuff if you didn't like it).
People also seem to be under the misconception that many growers are just trying to get rid of things that will not pass screening or is not grown well, or not prime bud.
This is true in some cases and the stories have scared off every patient I have had pretty much from casual grower/patient encounters.
Ananda
A.Handshealer
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 840
You make some good points. For my part I'm more or less withdrawing from this entire debate. The Marijuana Wars are over. The Government won. Every doctor on earth will soon be prescribing it and wondering wtf.
There are BIGGER FISH TO FRY THESE DAYS. Namely, radiation poisoning. visit www.afpip.com (under construction) and soon to follow fund raiser on Indiegogo.com.
And there is a Facebook.com/afpipdotcom and a meetup.com/fukushimaResponders
and there is a Tumblr and Twitter and the whole nine yards. If you would like to get involved visit any of the sites and join us on Meetup at our every Tuesday evening meetups.
This is a great group with a lot of great people. There are also a lot of angry people in this group who could use a chill pill sometimes. The marijuana war has been very difficult and long lasting for many of us. So I don't really think now is the time for us to get pissed off at each other. It is the GOVERNMENT that is screwing us. And, they are making us turn against each other - to become just like them in their rush to make money. I've never been about money. I'm not about marijuana, either. I am about revolution. That is what I have been doing my entire life including since childhood. The next revolution I'm in is the one that will save my life from radiation poisoning, radioactive fallout, the war I'm in will give us CLEAN WATER and a healthy environment for my children's children.
I'm going to take my chill vaporizer right now. Enjoy this beautiful day, friends and others alike.
And yes, just for Jay, I'll repeat that people are dumb-asses. Just look around you in the world. Is this a world run by non-dumb-asses? I rest my case.
Ero
user 12902424
Eugene, OR
Post #: 161
I have never had good luck $100 dollar oz.

And looking around the country, there is always going to be grey market. Colorado prices are through the roof. My friend is still selling moonshine after all.
erik s.
erock
Eugene, OR
Post #: 78
My $90 ounces are really Stoney and never had a complaint about them, especially at that price. I smoke the same stuff that I grow and if it's a little older or I had to spin pro trim then I price accordingly. And I never misrepresent what it is for that price. I'd call it a higher end B grade, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't ever let my top shelf pretty stuff go for 90 an ounce, I've put way to much time and money into those plants. There's also something to be said for growing quality meds for a little cheaper so it's more affordable all around.
Robert M.
Grower55
Eugene, OR
Post #: 34
I don't know about your $90 oz's, Erock, but I have bought a few $125 oz's off this list and have not been satisfied yet. I know I am cheap, but I mean to be thrifty, and if I am going to pay $200 an oz to get smokable weed, not the crap that gives you a headache if you smoke too many bowls, I might as well just go to the dispensary which is what they charge here in Cottage Grove...
The answer is to grow you own, I know, and I am, but in moving I ran afowl of the gods and am in a dry spell till harvest. Luckily I grow indooors...
Anyway, what i am finding is that gone are the days of smoking a joint before buying the bag. At least you can't do that at the Safeway where I meet my connections. lol
If I go to the dispensary, at least I can bitch at someone, but, no, I have never had grade 'B' medicine from them...
At least in Chuck's farmer's market, most will let you try a few hits before you buy and I have gotten never bought a bag of trash weed there.
Sorry. It's early in the morning and I am rambling. Just bought a bag from this list for $125 and it is shit and can't even get the guy to acknowledge that I am not happy. I don't expect a refund but maybe a little better deal on a better quality bag? Most of all I am pissed at myself for allowing myself to be put in the position that I even have to go buy a bag!

All in all, Chuck is right. The government already won because as we contend among ourselves, Big Brother is raking in the dough and making up additional rules so they can get more.

Peace, out.