addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Omnipresent Atheists Message Board Omnipresent Atheists Discussion Forum › 8 year old girl vs. O'Reilly

8 year old girl vs. O'Reilly

Jim H.
JHong
Jackson, MI
Post #: 96
This is awesome!

Don C.
Lord_Cowlinge
Columbus, OH
Post #: 50
I read some of the comments that people posted about the video, and some are of the opinion that it was scripted and that she really had no idea what she was saying. But some kids are be a lot smarter that people give the credit for, and they do say the darnedest things.

But then Bill O'Reilly comes back claiming that it's child abuse. He even had a "child advocate" back him up. Well, 2 other people posted a series of video clips (one of which includes a segment from O'Reilly's show) that practically scream, "NO, THIS IS CHILD ABUSE!"

After watching those videos, I was thoroughly disgusted. Now those children's minds are completely warped! I shutter to think what they'd be like when they grow up. All the more reason why I would agree with what the little girl was saying, even if those comments and views were not her own.
Ed
filius_astris
Columbus, OH
Post #: 81
The first video is hilarious. Definitely hits a few good points too. Oddly, it seems to have been a rip from another youtube video: The Coolest 8 Year Old In The World Talks About O'Reilly. The original plainly states that she was a paid actress, but Faux News is never one to let something as inconsequential as facts get in the way of pious grandstanding.

The second video is sad, but christians see such reaffirmations from children as "cute", regardless of whether they have any idea of what they're saying.

The third video, however, is absolutely atrocious. The "interviewer" in the second half clearly revels in the death of the children's mother, while they are too young to truly grasp what had happened. I agree that he is trying to remold their memory, and the concept of mass murder, into something noble. It's doubtful that he really even cares about it though. Those like him have little value for human life, especially women. I doubt that he even cares about the children's fate without their mother to care for them.
A former member
Post #: 3
I remember when I was a kid, my Mother told us a story about someone at a college shooting where the shooter went to every person and asked if they were a Christian. If they said yes, he shot them. I just remembered this story, so I haven't bothered to research it yet, but she flat out told us that if we said no, then we were denouncing our faith and that we were supposed to say yes and we would be martyrs.

I wouldn't say that is much better. Either story, the Muslim children being brainwashed into blowing up Jews, or the story my Mother told meas a kid, both suggest martyrdom is a good idea. They aren't just getting people to kill themselves, but also to allow themselves to be killed in a situation where a ridiculously intolerant person got a hold of a gun.