Onyx (Bay Area Black Professionals) Message Board › Where are the good hair salons/dressers?

Where are the good hair salons/dressers?

A former member
Post #: 1
You can't go wrong with Rudolfo or Dee Dee at this salon. I had my hair done by Rudolfo, he is very good, but make sure that you have plenty of time.

Serendipity
5653 San Pablo Ave
Oakland, CA 94608
510-228-2970
A former member
Strictly Styles; ask for Tanisha. She's really good and she's fast.
A former member
Post #: 7
I go to my friend's apartment. Cheaper than a salon but she can do all the styles, neatly and for a good price. She lives just north of Lake Merritt in Oakland. Her name is Christina and you can reach her at 601 331-6216. Tell her Asha sent you.
Sara M
user 2943842
San Francisco, CA
Anika,

I go to Michelle Renee on Geary St, Union Sq, SF. When I first moved to the Bay, I couldn't find ANYBODY to give me a good recommendation on the Peninsula or South Bay. I went to several salons, only to be disappointed by the stylists being HOURS behind schedule, forgetting appointments, not showing up, "extracurricular" activities going on, etc.

I heard about Michelle Renee on the radio and on TV because she does the hair of several TV/Radio personalities and some high profile local celebrities. She also does a fantastic job on hair period and has a lot of experience. She has recently started an image consulting business and is a representative for Bill Blass fashions.

www.michellerenee.com

Cheryl
___________________­________________________________________­________________
Unfortunately, I had a terrible experience with Michelle Renee. She burned my scalp while doing a relaxer and still charged me close to $200. I don't know what conditioner she used, but my hair was dry as bone and started breaking off afterwards.
-Sara
Sara M
user 2943842
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
My hairdresser Sidney is terrific. She has a salon in the Fillmore district of San Francisco. She straightens, cuts and colors and knows all about keeping hair healthy. She's better than anyone I've been to since I moved to SF 10 years ago.

Sidney
2174 Sutter St.
(415) 776-3073

-S-