I hope everyone is having a great Friday, gearing up for the Labor Day weekend. Just a few announcements:
- Reminder- The Networking Mixer in San Jose is tonight!: Just a reminder for the folks planning to attend or thinking about attending tonight's mixer. I'm planning on getting there around 9:30-9:45 ish. There should be people from a number of other networking groups attending. The Facebook invite has about 60 attendees listed.
- Reminder-Mint Condition this Saturday at Yoshi's SF: I'm sad I'm going to miss this one, I really like Mint Condition. Fontella already posted a note about meeting at the bar prior to the show so hopefully, there should be no issues finding each other Just to avoid any confusion, I'd suggest that folks either exchange numbers or use the check in function to indicate where you are located, what you look like and what you're wearing. Have fun!
- FYI: Art Opening At Lush Life Gallery (@ the Jazz Heritage Center): If you are planning to stay in the area this weekend, you might want to check out this art reception- Women of Jazz. Details are here.
- FYI: Ethiopian New Years Festival in Berkeley this Sunday: If you plan to be in the area over the weekend and would like to check out a cool cultural festival, there will be an Ethiopian New Years Festival from 11:00- 7:00 pm. More details are noted here.
- New Event: Graal's Birthday Brunch At Soul's: Let's join Graal and the East Bay Black Professionals Association for a tasty and affordable brunch at Souls in Oakland. Details are here.
- New Event: TAN Event: What Silicon Valley Companies Are Doing In Africa: On September 23, 2010, The African Network will be hosting an event in Mountain View, that will include a presentation by Mr. Randy Knaflic, Director, Google EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), a lite dinner, a wine reception and of course, lots of networking. More details are here.
That's all for now. I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend.