Announcing a new Meetup for Onyx (Bay Area Black Professionals)!
What: Clothes Swap N' Sell [Tyese's Event]
When: March 7,[masked]:00 PM
Price: $10.00 per person
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: FROM TYESE:
I heard about this idea and thought it was a super way to get clothes, get money and get "eco!" Come to drink, socialize and shop! My family is involved with the Multiple Myeloma Cancer Research Center and any profits from the event will go to them! So you are shopping for many good causes!
Clothing Swaps are fashionable, fun and philanthropic events that allow you to refresh your wardrobe on a dime, while having a blast. De-clutter that closet! Bring all your clothing, shoes & accessories (in good condition and still stylish) that you no longer wear and then SWAP and bring home your favorites for FREE!!! Surely you will find $10 or more worth of fashion! What a great deal! I have a ton of stuff and I bet lots of others do too.
Here is how it works:
1. Look in your closet for clothes you no longer use - good condition, clean and still in style! Bring 1-2 bags (min) for swapping - they don't have to be on hangers and can be any size. Clothes, accessories (scarves, belts, shoes, jewelry), unused makeup and barely used nail polish are also welcome.
2. When you arrive, register (put your name at the door and give your $10 if you haven't already done it through paypal) and have a drink while I hang and organize all the items people bring in. I will try and categorize them according to type: accessories, active wear, lingerie, shoes, dresses, shirts, etc. Outside of swapping clothes for free, there will also be a special rack for expensive, new or ultra designer items. Sellers will tag their items with a price (usually $5-$25 in most cases) and sell it outright (kinda like the "buy it now" feature on ebay) - you take home the money!
3. Then I will make an announcement to....'START SHOPPING' from the collection. Don't worry about there being enough to go around - clothes left over will be donated. Everyone picks clothes until every piece of clothing is gone.
4. Everyone will pack up leftover clothes and donate to charity or charitable thrift shops. Wardrobe For Opportunity is a good one. http://www.wardrobe.org/donatec.html
5. Leave with a completely new outfit practically for FREE!
PS The money donated will go toward snacks and drinks. Anything left over will go towards the Multiple Myeloma Cancer Research Center.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/onyx-black-professionals/calendar/9877502/