Happy Friday everyone! Just have a few things to share:
- Haiti Benefit this Saturday: Yes, it's almost that time and I'm super excited. If you're around this weekend, it would be great if you could check it out. Also, I discussed with the other event organizers and they agreed to allow any meetup members attending to purchase tickets at the door for $25 instead of $35 dollars. Just make sure you rsvp here before 3:00 pm tomorrow and indicate that you are a member of Onyx when you purchase the tickets at the door. I don't anticipate any issues but just in case, call me at[masked] 4103. I look forward to seeing you.
- Newbie Wine Tasting at B Street and Vine: I just added a spiffy description if I do say so myself. If you're new to the group or never made it out to an event yet, I encourage you to come out to this event in particular.
- Onyx is going to be collaborating with YBB (Young Blacks of the Bay) on an event this month- on April 18th, we'll be seeing a fantastic play "And Jesus Moonwalks the Mississippi" followed by a Soulfood Sunday dinner at Farmer Brown. Check it out here.
- On April 30th, there will be a Hip Hop Soul Party at Gravity (in the Marina). Should be good times.
- Okay, I know I said we'd go to a Warriors game, but I'm just lacking some motivation to put it all together. If anyone else wants to put together a Onyx trip to see the Warriors v. Jazz game, email me directly. I can probably still get the discounts, I just want someone to take the lead in being the organizer.
- ATTENTION Softball Players: There is a softball team in Alameda that needs four to five female and one to two male players. The games take place on Wednesdays in Alameda and it costs around fifty dollars to play the season. You don't need to be a professional or even particularly experienced. If you are interested, please contact Onyx member Kevin Hamiton directly and he'll put you in touch with the team manager.
- Another scholarship opportunity: I just received information about another scholarship opportunity with a close deadline. Details can be found here.
Well that's all for now folks. Have a great weekend and to those who celebrate, I wish you a Happy Easter!