addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Open Tai Chi ☯ Form/ Push Hands/ Qigong ☯ Message Board › Maggie Newman's Tai Chi Meets

Maggie Newman's Tai Chi Meets

This message board is read-only.

Inoshi
Inoshi
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hi Again,

In case any of you are interested, Maggie Newman will no longer be putting out paper notices for regular and ongoing Tai Chi Meets.

We also hope to repost her notices here.

Cheers,

Howie
A former member
Post #: 2
Cheng Man Ching was Cheng Man Ching. Maggie is Maggie. Bruce Lee was Bruce Lee. What have you got? A living legend means nothing. When the arts pass down, it will never be the same. If you don't work hard then you are never good. Stop talking so much about Cheng Man Ching! Several CHC students came to challenged me in a few years ago and they couldn't never showed me their skills. They do the talk, not the math. In reality, if you have not been on the street and use tai chi chuan in real time, then how do you know and prove that your pushing hands can take you to the next level? So many folks only know how to push, embarassing our tai chi society...

______________________________________­_________________________

They are two-three times a year in the Children's Aid Aociety. Maggie is in
her 80s (or 90s), and studied with Cheng Man Ch'ing, she is basically a
living legend.

The meets are soft push hands exchanges and a few rounds of the form.

I highly suggest you connect before Maggie's - - gone!
Inoshi
Inoshi
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 29
Sure Sifu Tom,

Come on by and show us a thing or two then!

Howie
A former member
Post #: 3
If I have to come by then let's take it out there... I hate it when Cheng Man Ching students start challenging others... Full contact would be so much better...
Inoshi
Inoshi
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 32
This is an offer for you to stop in and see what we do, then you can base your statements on actually having met and seen some of us.

I certainly hope to see you.
A former member
Post #: 5
Howie, how old are you this year? Do you think I will just grab my gadgets and stop in, punch you in the nose and walk out? You made me laugh so hard... if I put you on the ground and stepping on your nose... then you will have a lawsuit follow up against me, right? Don't wrestle with me with your American muscles, Howie...

Did Maggie read the first email you sent to the group? You wish everyone learn something from her and hope she is going away sooner? I have not seen this kind of disrespectful American student like you... shame on Maggie for having you as her student...

Howie... your tai chi is very "Elementary." I don't need to step in there. Your website disgusted me already. Push a little and shove a little... you are teaching bad stuffs to the American, embarrasing! Paying you $25 a month... whoa... $10 bucks for push a little and shove a little... give me a break!

Go open up your eyes a little to see how other schools are... http://www.internalar...­ http://www.internalda...­ and http://www.martialtai...­ ....

Howie, you are behind... you have a mouth... just shut up...
Inoshi
Inoshi
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 33
As I mentioned, your statements lack accuracy. I will stop wasting my time.
A former member
Post #: 6
Good, you had already wasted a lot of time which it was not a very smart thing to do... you can say my statement lack accuracy... Cheng Man Ching is nothing... you are completely obsessed with his name. Your sifu brain washed you like those who did falun gong. I can beat you with just any style without having to use tai chi chuan. If you are going to sign-in a LEGAL OFFICIAL MATCH with me then I will have a chance to show you how bad you are! All styles are good, your world is this TINY. I studied over 20 styles, what do you know about me? If I am really an evil bad dude then I had already burn your school and sent 30 guys to hit you in the head with a baseball bat.

CMC form is lacking all circulation power movements, there is no reflect and no response in the form. All CMC practicioners are completely fall asleep and move like a ZOMBIE when they do the form. CMC already took all kung fu into the soil with him. What do you know? Several of your buddies whom studied with Maggie have already got beaten up. If you know Phil Catapano and John Blair in Brooklyn then you should know they are your fellow classmates. They are like you, TALK so much about CMC and can't even walk in a straight line like CMC. When I put these guys in arm-locks, they were telling me there is no arm-locks in tai chi. All styles have arm-locks and Chen's family use most deadly arm-locks... I slapped John Blair in the face without hitting him and he couldn't even do a thing about it. First he said tai chi is a martial arts, he didn't prove it to me, and after he lost and he finally said to me, tai chi is for health... I told him, he knows BS! He is like you obsessed with CMC and Maggie's name.

I have seen many sifu like you, knows so little and try to make a profit out of the Americans by teaching them this crap, "Cheng Man Ching..." I never told my students to tell people my name because they are the ones have to do their homework. What do you know?... I even learned and mastered all 5 styles and all weaponry... you want to challenge me? LOL