Open Doors AZ is a social activity group for the LGBT community and our straight allies. Our motto for the group is for the young and young at heart.
Open Doors AZ gets together to eat, play and socialize. We are about making a difference within our community. Open Doors AZ prides itself on diversity; membership is all inclusive, making it a great way to meet new people in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
Open Doors AZ was founded in December of 2010. In the past year Open Doors AZ has grown to more than 4000 likes on Facebook and more than 1,050 members on Meetup.com. We have hosted over 300 events all with the goal of helping our LGBT community get plugged in with a healthier alternative from the typical bar scene.
GROUP GUIDELINES - PLEASE READ!
These guidelines are designed to help make sure that we keep an active, safe and fun group for everyone.
1. If you join the group, please participate in events. We like to meet new members and welcome them to the OpenDoorsAz family!
2. Please RSVP to the events that you would like to attend. The RSVPs help us make the proper arrangements and plans to accommodate everyone.
3. If you RSVP to an event, please show up. We understand that plans may change at the last minute. Please make sure to update your RSVP.
4. Members who RSVP to an event and fail to show up without updating their RSVP may be removed from the group.
5. The safety of our OpenDoorsAz family will always be a priority. Anyone caught causing harm or harassing any of our members will be removed.
Welcome to OpenDoorsAz, and have fun! We are here to meet new friends and to encourage others in the spirit of love, happiness and friendship.
Oh one more thing... I created a GoFundMe account collecting donations for our Open Doors groups. All money goes directly back into our organization. The money I raise will be used to open groups all around the world; especially in developing countries. Please visit www.gofundme.com/opendoorsshanghai