Open Men's Group - Personal Mastery Workgroup Message Board › You are welcome to drop by on Wednesday Night!

You are welcome to drop by on Wednesday Night!

Boysen
user 7527796
Group Organizer
Springfield, MA
In my life, the red flag is self care. It's always the thing that I let slip first.

I stay up a little too late. I eat a little too much. I don't get as much exercise as my body likes to have. I have a little too much to drink. I watch more tv or stay on the internet longer than I intend to.

And then other things start to shift.

I notice myself being very critical of my co-workers and my clients. I start feeling frustrated with my wife and being less generous or compassionate. I feel angry when someone is moving 'too slow' on the highway. I feel anxious about money or scared about the future. I feel powerless in my job and want to change it. None of these feelings is over the top ... but I have slipped off balance.

In the past I could remain in these low level funks for days, even weeks. It felt as if that was just it ... as good as it gets. I was alone with this most of the time. Isolation is a killer. It is one of the single worst things that a human being can experience. By all measures, the level of isolation in our culture is growing more and more intense as the years pass.

Today, and for the past five years of my life, there are at least 10 men that I can pick up the phone and call at any time. They won't offer me advice unless I ask them to, they won't tell me what to do, they won't try to hide from the conversation. I have men in my life that really get it, that get me. They understand what I am going through, they have heard my stories, they will call me on my bullshit, they will hold me accountable to the things I say I will do.

You have the opportunity to be in community with men who will listen to you without attacking. Who will trust you more when you are honest, who will help you find and maintain the direction that YOU WANT in your life.

All you need to do is commit. Commit to one simple step to take care of yourself.

Wherever you are at in your life - there's an opportunity to grow.

Hope to see you,

Boysen

OPEN MEN IS TOMORROW NIGHT (Wednesday) in West Springfield at 7pm, call for more info 413 303 9193