currently users login to a zimbra based solution for
- email, online dox repository for viewing or download files
- group chat within the organization
- group calendaring
- google apps would be great but i dont use b/c they charge per user after certain limits & i prefer to have full access/ownership of the data (esp for backup!)
the unfulfilled need:
users need to access spreadsheets & certain other files like this:
- group A can view/edit all folders & files (either locally & sync or edit online)
- group B can view only folder 1
- group C can view folders 1 2 3
- individual A can view file 1 & 2 in folder 2
- group D can view/edit files only in folders 1 & 2
- but i prefer single sign on for all of the above (email/file repositories/calendars/etc).
zimbra briefcases kind of provides these access levels but there's no quality live file editing solution. so groups A & D would have to upload each file/folder upon each edit. too cumbersome. i thought about using zimbra + another solution for the spreadsheets repository but then would lose the single sign-on.
- what do you recommend i use/consider/research?
- is there a webdav plugin/zimlet or something for zimbra so groups A & D can do "local live editing" & forgo cumbersome uploading upon edits? what would i hunt for to find such a solution?
- i can live with dual sign on for each user for now if need be. so in that case, what should i consider for the spreadsheet repository?
- am i way off base, as usual?
sorry if i got the lingo wrong.