|Sent on:||Monday, June 24, 2013 5:35 PM|
#1 - sorry! Phone typing.
#2 - yes.
#3 - if the printer has an Ethernet port, there is technically a print server inside there. 100%.
#4 - 64MB is usually enough for all text jobs. Hmm.
#5 - just a thought there are USB over CAT5 dongles at Frys.
#6 - that is the million dollar question that only wireshark can answer.
- aji gets confused if bullets & numbers dont intervene eventually.
- disconnect? no logs differ. cups logs show no errors ever. cups web gui shows job sent onto the printer. printer web gui shows no record of it. is that the disconnect u meant?
- you said hw printer server few times. just to be clear, the only print server is the cups ubuntu box. no other hw.
- printer has 64mb memory.
- printer via usb i can try later & will probably work since its cups server to printer communication that fails (not client to cups server). but that wont help me b/c printers are not to be in same room as server. ergo network.
- cups show jobs go to printer successfully. would it do that even if it didnt send it on successfully?
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by mowgli ([address removed]) from Dallas Open Source Saturday.
To learn more about mowgli, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]