sorry i think i sent this w/ the wrong subject line before.
hi, i am trying to
build my own mac mini size PC that runs well with linux, and i'd like
any advice/feedback anyone can provide on that.
basically i want to know brands/models of motherboards, chassis, and
other components that you think will work well with linux with these
goals in mind:
thats it!? i welcome all suggestions, ideas, feedback, war stories, whatever!
- must be super small, mac mini size mobo & chassis.
- plan to use ubuntu but open to other distros.
- suggestions w/ & w/o hard drives ok (these are to be clients in a LAN which can run LTSP if needed).
- must be pretty inexpensive (i can get small form
factor PCs for US$150 which meet all my needs already but i prefer even
smaller solution even if it costs a bit more).
- should have built in NIC, video, sound, usb ports.
- clients will run openoffice, firefox, perhaps a few other non taxing programs.
thanx in advance.