OpenStreetMap SLC Message Board OpenStreetMap SLC User Group Discussion Forum › worst mapped trailhead / trail area?

worst mapped trailhead / trail area?

Martijn van E.
Group Organizer
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 16
Hey all -
I've been pretty impressed by the quality of trail mapping in the area so far - but what do I know, I've only been here a short time. So I invite you to look up your favorite hiking area / trailhead on OSM and see if the trails are properly mapped. You will see dashed / dotted lines like here near Brighton:­ Also, a well mapped hiking area also exposes parking, toilets, water, benches etc.

We should plan an excursion to the worst mapped area and improve OSM as a resource for hikers!
user 10549076
Layton, UT
Post #: 11
That is a good idea as the municipalities are very uneven in their trail mapping. It tends to be a low priority and the information is usually not readily available. I will join that endeavor if I can.
user 83659352
South Jordan, UT
Post #: 7
Daybreak area is really booming and could use some help. Lots of park and trails, some awesome businesses. I would like to propose a Saturday or Sunday to meet. My birthday is the 8th of July so it would be fun to perhaps have a mapping party that ends at my place for some festivities. (guests/significant others always welcome). Any takers?