add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
Martijn van E.
Group Organizer
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 18
Hey all,

We had a fun though small-ish OpenStreetMap Edit-A-Thon last weekend. Got lots of editing done in a pleasant space at the City Library. I hope more of you will be able to make it out to the Fall Edit-a-thon (details TBA). Of course, you don't have to wait that long to meet your fellow OSM enthusiasts - we have our monthly Geobeers (next one Aug 13). Also, I want to get together sometime soon to discuss Big Utah Data.

Let me explain. Recently, AGRC (the State GIS people) have released a state wide address points dataset. For Salt Lake City, and perhaps other cities, there is building footprint data available. Taken together, these datasets have huge potential to improve the usefulness of OSM in Utah. But it would also make this look much nicer!

So I would love to get a few key folks in a room with some of us to talk about these datasets and how we can incorporate them into OSM. Sounds fun? RSVP ­ and we'll work out the details. I will gauge interest with the AGRC folks. Mark, perhaps you can ping Kevin Bell?

Happy mapping!
user 10549076
Layton, UT
Post #: 12

And I may have already downloaded that data set.