It's never been easier to make video games, thanks to the multitude of resources available and a growing worldwide community willing to help beginners. As a result, new games are being released every day, exploring different directions and tackling novel themes: playing is more stimulating and inclusive than ever.
Talk & Play is a bi-monthly meetup whose goal is to give a better idea of what it's like to create and play games today, providing the opportunity to local independent game makers to showcase their work in a friendly and relaxed environment. Everybody's welcome, whatever their background and knowledge level. If you like video games, we'll make sure you have a good time!
The event is split into two parts:
1. TALK: 2/3 short game-related talks (5 to 15 minutes), followed by a Q&A session – it's all about sharing knowledge.
2. PLAY: games made or chosen by the speakers will be shown; in addition, all participants are welcome to bring games they've made or are still working on – a perfect opportunity to discover and play new games, collect feedback and maybe find collaborators.
To give you a better idea of what you're going to find, check out this summary of the first and second Talk & Play.
The three speakers this time have got something in common: they're all new Berliners! So let's get to know and give a warm welcome to:
– Black Pants Studio (from Kassel, Germany), authors of the award-winning game Tiny & Big and of About Love, Hate and the Other Ones
– Fernando Ramallo (from Argentina), the man behind Panoramical, Snaaake!, #lostlevels and Fuck This Jam!, among other things
– Stephen Lavelle aka Increpare (from UK), who made English Country Tune + almost 200 other games (maybe more?) and very recently released a brilliant open source HTML5 puzzle game engine called PuzzleScript
Would you like to give a talk as well in the future? Get in touch!
During the second part of the evening we're going to have an Oculus Rift and an OUYA for you to try, in addition to the usual selection of fantastic games made by local developers.
Subscribe to our newsletter for sporadic updates about the event and other game-related activities in Berlin.
Talk & Play is organised in collaboration with the monthly Berlin Mini Game Jam and A MAZE.