New York Options Traders Message Board › Is VIX starting the new uptrend?

Is VIX starting the new uptrend?

This message board is read-only.

Eric N.
enovik
New York, NY
I know a lot of you guys are into technical analysis. I am not a technician by any stretch, but I thought I would share this chart of the VIX with you:

If you care to shed some light on the VIX, please post your comments to the message board or reply to the mailing list. We can discuss this some more during our Sep meeting.

Thanks and happy trading!

Eric
Austin
austinwoo
New York, NY
Post #: 3
I still consider myself very novice when it comes to complex structured plays, but lately I've been trying to learn more about correlation strategy in playing volatility in the equities markets-- buying/selling options or spreads on ETF's against options on their most volatile underlying names, for instance. If anybody's been having success with correlation plays in equities maybe they could speak on it briefly at the meeting next week?
Eric N.
enovik
New York, NY
Post #: 6
I do not utilize this particular strategy, but I think it would be fun to talk about the pros and cons at our next meeting. As to the correlation, people are typically concerned with trading the breakdowns in asset correlation via statistical arbitrage (if you are a quant hedge fund for example) or a pairs trade if you are mere mortal ;)
Both can be done with ETF(s), Futures and Options.