New York Options Traders Message Board › CNBC audio feed?

CNBC audio feed?

This message board is read-only.

Austin
austinwoo
New York, NY
Post #: 8
Not too pressing of an issue here, but I figure maybe somebody could help with a silly dilemma I'm facing...

My desk moved to a new floor at work recently, and some of our new neighbors like to keep the TV on mute. So now I can see everything that's going on if I look up at the screen, but I feel this strange unexpected disconnect from the real world without being able to hear what's being said. Does anybody have a realtime internet audio stream to CNBC that doesn't involve paying for the premium video service on the CNBC site or keeping an extra bberg window open?

If you can help, thanks in advance!
Michael T.
user 3982233
Greenwich, CT
Post #: 1
It's simple. Line up an account with Thinkofswim. Download the software and choose the Gadgets in the left column. CNBC TV is one of the options, among others. Enjoy.
Austin
austinwoo
New York, NY
Post #: 9
Thanks Michael, that's definitely a solution I didn't think of. Unfortunately I've been really interested in using the ToS software and have wanted to start an account with them for a long time but my compliance dept at work won't add them to our list of compliant brokers, it's quite a bummer. Perhaps I could simply run it without violating any rules here.

Does the ToS software use up a lot of system resources? I've got a number of different proprietary platforms running on my workstation at any given time so I'd really prefer just a simple audio feed if one exists, to minimize the risk of any crashes or freezes; I'm sure you all know how detrimental those could be if they hit at the wrong time. But maybe I'm looking for the impossible?
Eric N.
enovik
New York, NY
Post #: 12
Austin, TOS runs fairly lean. In my experience you can configure it to use 512K and it runs ok. I know that some people run it on 256K.
Not sure if there is a non-proprietary feed for CNBC. But I am pretty sure that if you do NOT listen to them, you should get better performance out of your trades ;) (sorry, GE)