New York Options Traders Message Board › New Meetup Format

New Meetup Format

This message board is read-only.

Eric N.
enovik
New York, NY
Hello traders, investors and options addicts!

Some of you have written to me and said that you would like to have more focused strategy based sessions and made some great suggestions. Based on your feedback, Larry (the foot doc) and I have designed a program that I think is going to be unique, interesting and fun (yes, we take fun very seriously). Is short, we are not going to water it down for you. Each strategy discussion will include the 'greek' picture, synthetic equivalents if appropriate, rationale, adjustments and so on. Moreover, before each session we are going to pick a real trade that is relevant to the current topic. After the trade is on, we are going to periodically send position updates, changes to the greeks, adjustments if any and so on. Please, note that these trades are NOT meant to be recommendations. Rather, they are learning tools that should help people get a feel for how options trades mature over time. At the beginning of each session we are going to do a quick market and volatility update.

I also made some progress in lining up guest speakers. So far, the list includes options market makers, Options Industry Council (OIC) instructors and other twisted individuals. Please, stay tuned. I will be scheduling the March session shortly.

Best,
-- Eric (organizer)