The Way We Grow EARTH DAY CELEBRATION at the Midtown Global Market
This year’s theme is “The Way We Grow.” Through educational booths and activities, as well as vendors, guests will learn about the things we grow – from the food we eat to the plants we use to make clothing and other products – and how our choices impact the earth. Market vendors will also highlight the green practices they offer including eco dishes, refill options, eco-friendly take-out containers and more.
Partner and local non-profit Do It Green! Minnesota will be hosting a variety of activities along with several local environmental organizations to help visitors learn about the way we grow:
- Food samples by market vendors and sustainable cooking demos at Kitchen in the Market
- Displays and demos from Do It Green! Minnesota and 15 other environmental organizations
- Children’s activities including Eco Twister and seed planting
- Learn about how Midtown Global Market vendors practice green through a scavenger hunt to win prizes
- Resources and staff available in Spanish, Hmong and Somali
- Music and performances on the main stage throughout the event
Guests can also pick up a wallet-sized food choices and shopping tips card at the Do It Green! Resource Center, located in the market.
Want to volunteer? Sign up for a shift here!