Organic and Sustainable Living Meetup Message Board › Call to volunteers...can you offer a room, land, labor, knowledge, or resources?

Call to volunteers...can you offer a room, land, labor, knowledge, or resources?

user 27996772
Group Organizer
Orlando, FL
Hi everyone, I've been so busy with work, running another Meetup, and other things so I haven't been as active with this Meetup as I've wanted to but would like to get big regular Meetups going now.

I'd like to ask all of you for help....can you offer a room, land, labor, knowledge, resources, or other?

#1: I'm interested in doing a Monthly organic potluck/dinner but need space. The idea is to have a organic meal introducing newbies to a healthy lifestyle or for those not very strict in their diet. So bringing vegan live raw food would be encouraged but processed organics would be OK. Can anyone provide a room in or very close to the downtown Orlando area?

#2: Does anyone have land they could share to help grow organic food on? Whether by a traditional organic farms, hydroponics, or Aquaponics systems (I've recently have been trained in that area and I'm eager to try that one).

#3: Is there a organic farm or any type of sustainable living feature you could show for a Meetup?

#4: Could you offer to give a free lecture/speech on a related subject you know a great deal about?

Any suggestions or else you could contribute?

Curt, organizer of Organic and Sustainable Living Meetup
Carole J.
user 23570431
Casselberry, FL
Post #: 22
These are great ideas, Curt.
Land to Share
Are you asking for land for you to work?
What would be involved on the part of the land owner other than to allow you to work the land? >>>Finances? >>>Work time? >>> Open to the public? >>> What part of town? >>> Host volunteer workers? >>> What's the minimal amount of land you need?

I've heard of some cities providing land but I don't know the criteria requirements.