DESCRIPTION: Join your lead-host Christian Bates and co-hostess Bethanne Wanamaker on a mesmerizing adventure on Mt. Tamalpais to discover local wild foods and medicinal herbs as we journey on the border between civilization and the old growth Muir Woods. Our destination will be TWO gorgeous springs - the beautiful Fern Creek Fork Spring, gushing perfect cold drinking water straight out of the mountain as well as Cascade Creek Headwaters. Learn the history of the Bay Area and practical tools you can use to up-level your health. Join us for a highly educational walk and discover:
* How to strengthen your immune system and restore stressed adrenal glands with wild foods from Nature
* Why wild foods are essential for your changing nutritional needs and the best ones to harvest, and when
* How wild foods, superfoods, and tonic herbs can strengthen your holistic nutritional strategy for optimal health
* The history of Mt. Tamalpais, a sacred land balanced between preservation and corruption
Plus, Questions and Answers with Christian - no topic is off limits
* A glass jug you will feel comfortable carrying full of fresh spring water (e.g. A half gallon would be about 5 pounds which is fairly heavy)
* Appropriate footwear for you (Vibram Five Fingers are great) to walk on rocky fire roads, at times with a good incline, for 2-3 hours
* Energy in your belly (Eat something so you have plenty of energy to hike; the hosts will provide superfood smoothies and WildBars, each for $5)
* Clothes that will keep you warm/cool (layers are best)
OPTIONAL: Christian & Bethanne will be offering their mouth-watering low-glycemic raw chocolate superfood smoothies for just $5!
Please let us know when you RSVP if you'd like one so the leaders know how much to bring. Smoothies will be served just prior to the hike and you can pay cash at that time. The hike will be relatively flat with somewhat of an incline and rocks along the path with breathtaking views all around! Be prepared for an uphill journey into the wild!
COST: $15 (plus, $5 cash upon arrival if you'd like the low-glycemic superfood smoothie to fuel your afternoon hike)
** This meetup is limited to 22 people (not including hosts)
** - We had a long waiting list for the last hike so please RSVP if you want to guarantee your spot! This is the only winter wild walk they will do doing; the next one will be mid-summer.
***** Arrive early to make sure you get a parking spot (we strongly encourage and will attempt to set up carpools)!
Christian Bates is a Superfood Eco Lifestyle Expert and Raw Gourmet Chef, Formulator, and Herbalist. For the past 9 years, he has been studying, living and teaching only the leading edge raw and Superfood health practices. He has never accepted “last year’s” methods. He knows that there is always a next step up in health practices and health results, and that there is always a solution if one’s health is in trouble. Christian is the co-creator of the WildBar, a Superfood-infused raw chocolate meal replacement bar that has been on natural food stores’ shelves nationally for over 5 years. His deepest passion is to teach people how to eat and live in a way that is both completely delicious, really fun and densely healthful! Christian is now going full force as an exciting speaker, beloved yoga teacher, cacao party host, and internet author for his blog, www.ChristianBates.com. Keep up with him as he lays out the most uncompromised, highest quality, results-driven, outrageously fun raw food lifestyle education ever presented!
Bethanne Wanamaker is the founder of Edible Goddess, co-author of Superfood Beauty Elixirs, and a featured author in the best-selling series of books, Thank God I: Stories of Inspiration for Every Situation, volume 3. She founded Edible Goddess to teach emerging health enthusiasts how to take their health to the next level, and have more core energy, resilience to stress, and everlasting vitality and youth – while inspiring others to do the same. Bethanne empowers women to take exceptional care of themselves so they can experience the absolute best and healthiest version of who they really are.
Social Networks: http://www.facebook.c.... http://www.twitter.co...