Raw Bay Area's fall schedule is packed with great classes! If you've taken one of my classes before, you know they sell out quickly, so make sure to check out our full schedule on our website
and register now! Here's a quick preview of two of my popular classes I will be teaching in the Bay area:
September 29 9am-11:30am
Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley
Breakfast is the most important meal to eat healthfully. What will fill you up without slowing you down? Heather will teach you healthful versions of your favorites. The menu for this class has something for everyone--juices and smoothies for maximum vitality or weight loss, people-pleasing granola and oatmeal, and decadent crepes and cinnamon rolls.
In Breakfast and Brunches you will learn:
* How juicing is the most efficient way to get all the greens you need each day.
* How to get your 5-a-day servings of fruits and vegetables in one 5-minute smoothie.
* How to make low-carb granola out of nuts and seeds in 5 minutes.
* How to make dairy-free nut and seed milks.
* How to soak whole oat groats to make a raw oatmeal that tastes better than cooked.
* How to make wheat-free crepes with a sweet fruit filling--perfect for brunch.
* How to use leftover almond meal to replace flour in decadent gooey cinnamon rolls.
Menu: Green Vitality Juice, Berry Green Smoothie, Granola with Almond Milk, Old-fashioned Oatmeal, Tropical Fruit Crepes, Cinnamon Rolls
October 17 6pm-8:30pm
Heather's House in Oakland
$35-65/person sliding scale
Learn the ancient art of dehydration and low temperature baking. In this class you will learn about equipment and tools, dehydration methods for fruits and vegetables & uses for dehydrated foods. We will then go beyond the basics of simple dehydrating and learn fantastic recipes for leathers, chips, crackers, cookies & bruschettas. Say good-bye to gluten, additives, fillers and refined sugars and hello to foods from the garden that are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and the "good" fats, to protect you from disease all year long - even when items aren't in season. This class is taught in partnership with the Institute for Urban Homesteading.
Menu: Garlic Powder, Sundried Tomatoes, Fruit Leather, Kale Chips, Mediterranean Almond Bread, Tomato Bruschetta, Pizza Flax Cracker, Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hope to see you there!!
Chef Heather Haxo Phillips