The Meetup Organizer Boot Camp Message Board The Meetup Organizer Boot Camp Discussion Forum › PayPal payments from meetup are now suspicious?

PayPal payments from meetup are now suspicious?

A former member
Post #: 840
Hello fellow organizers.

I have been taking PayPal event fees for about 4 years. Starting about a week ago, all of my **MEETUP** transactions from PayPal are being put on hold for "review", and members are told their transaction did not complete correctly. I spent an hour on the phone with PayPal, including someone from their security department.

They indicated my meetup transactions have been flagged as suspicious; people that pay me via PayPal directly are not "suspicious". Is anyone else having this problem?

Joe
♥Esty♥
Esty
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 2,168
No....no problem here....I was a beta tester for Paypal in the 90's <grin> and have used it for meetup since they integrated it into the site. Members pay me thru the site, and I am not having any problem

My guess is that this may be a specific member of YOURS who filed a complaint....always be sure to make it a virtual payment for services....check services...no address....hth...good luck