Welcome to Orlando Area Social Events, one of top 10 largest Meetup groups in the state of Florida. We are a diverse social group ofpeople that get together forHappy Hours, dinning out, live music, dancing, comedy clubs, Wallyball, road trips, movie nights, picnics, and a lot more. We run many events with different organizers with various experiences so make sure to try out many. And feel free to suggest volunteering to host activities yourself.
Make sure to join us for our Member Introductions Day events, our best way to meet people.
Adults of all ages and martial status are welcome to join for FREE!
Benefits of membership in the past have included:
- Free Howl At The Moon parties ($30+ in perks)
- Free Cowboys parties ($20+ in perks)
- Free Salsa and Bachata dance lessons ($10 value)
- Discounts of Hang Gliding ($50 discount each flight)
-Have a main profile picture showing the general likeness of you.
- Keep any RSVPs up-to-date! Change any RSVPs of "Yes" to "No" when you cannot make it to an event to be courteous to other members and any establishment we attend. It's the polite thing to do! After two times you fail to show up without notice you will be subject to being banned from the group.
- We'll ask a deposit-fee with each RSVP to some of our events for member perks, to cover the costs, and most importantly to show your commitment to attending! Extra funds will also go towards charity. So feel free to be generous when making a VIP donation. :)
-VIP member RSVPs are refundable, Non-VIP member deposits are not.
We don't like rules but we have to set these to make it a pleasant experience for everybody. Welcome to our Meetup!
Frequently Asked Questions-
Does it cost to join the group as a new member? No, as stated above, joining the group as a regular non-VIP member is absolutely free! We will only ask a deposit-fee at some of the events, mainly where businesses need to know how many people to expect for staffing.
How do you become a VIP member? Simply make a donation of at least $12 per year (Oct, 15) to the head organizer. It is not only appreciated but we give special perks for it as a way to say thank you for helping us help you! :)
*Each organizer/event host plus a significant other will be rewarded automatic VIP status as a way to say thank you for your efforts.
Where do you do events? Mainly all over the Central Florida area, although we may travel sometimes.
I'm new, how do I come out to an event? Just bring a good attitude, be respectful of others, and have fun. We are open to all adults (21+ for alcohol/gamble related events) whether single or in a relationship.
How do I promote my business or service? Please message the head organizer with specific details.
For further questions please look in the message boards, event pages, or contact the head organizer.