1 day Osho Meditation Workshop - March 9, 2012
"Unless you come to a point of absolute silence inside , you will never know who you are. I cannot tell it to you. There is no way of telling it. Everybody has to find it. - Osho
The tentative schedule for the Saturday's event is:
- 8:30– 9:00 am Welcome, Registration, prayer
- 9:00 – 10.15 am Osho Dynamic Meditation & Silence
- 10:15 – 11:00 am Awareness Breakfast
- 11:15 – 1:30 pm Discourse and Session I - Stop Meditation
- 1:30 - 3:00 pm Lunch and Rest
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm Osho Video Discourse and Meditation session - II (Chakra Sound Meditation)
- 4:00 - 4.15 - Break
- 4:15 – 5:30 pm : Kundalini Meditation
- 5.30 - 6.00 - Break
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm Osho Evening Celebration
** Schedule is tentative and will be adjusted according to need.
Wear loose colorful clothes or meditation robes and come on an empty stomach.
Clean drinking water is provided.
- Bring your own towels.
- Bring your own shawl to keep warm
- In consideration to people with sensitivities, please refrain from wearing any perfumes and/or fragrances during the meditations
- Please bring a blind fold, it immensely helps in centering.
- Please bring maroon and white robes, if you have them, also available at the center
You do not need yoga mats as meditation cushions are provided.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes earlier for getting necessary instructions on meditations. If you arrive late and find yourself in-between meditations, please text us –[masked] & wait outside in the waiting lounge. Osho meditations involve deep cleansing process and might be misunderstood if the instructions are skipped.
The suggested love donations for the event is 25$ , which includes Breakfast, vegetarian lunch, afternoon organic herbal tea and whole day of meditations with a loving, caring group of fellow meditators.
Location / Walking directions of the Meditation Center :
- N or Q train from 42nd Street, Times Square,directed to Ditmars Boulevard ( get off the train on the last stop)
- Walk north-east on 31st street towards Ditmars Blvd.
- Turn left at Ditmars Blvd.
- Walk from 31st street straight to 19th street in Ditmars Blvd.
- Turn right at 19th street towards 21st Drive.
- Turn left at 19th street and 21st drive to get to 18-52 block,
- Walk down the stairs and knock on the 2nd door.
Upcoming Meditations/Celebrations at Osho Sadhana Meditation Center.
- March 16 - 1 day meditation retreat at Osho Sadhana MC
- March 23 - Osho Enlightenment Day - meditation and celebration
- Welcoming Spring in Meditation and Celebration with Swami Satya Vedant - May 2-5, 2013. Details here
- Osho Meditation Event in Ithaca, NY May 17-19. Details here
- Osho Meditation retreat with Sw. Anand Arun, Stony Point, NY, July 19-21. Details coming soon.
A SHORT INTRODUCTION TO OSHO'S MEDITATIONS:
Dynamic Meditation-- This meditation is one of the most popular active meditation that includes breathing, catharsis, ascension of inner energy, followed by witnessing and dancing.
Kundalini Meditation--This meditation involves gentle shaking and dancing to unblock your energy followed by passive stages of silent sitting, relaxing and deep meditation.
Osho Documentary: Life is just a play.