addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

OpenStreetMap NYC Message Board › New York Times Magazine article:

New York Times Magazine article:

Peter B.
user 34538792
Maplewood, NJ
Post #: 5
In case you missed the December 11, 2013 article. Thought the OSM NYC list would enjoy reading the NY Times Magazine piece on Google Maps. There are several mentions of OSM and a historical synopsis of online mapping.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/magazine/googles-plan-for-global-domination-dont-ask-why-ask-where.html?src=me&_r=0­

Looking forward to a meet up in early 2014. It has been a while since I attended a gathering. I was preparing for extended travels in the summer of 2012 when last making it to a meet up. I have a few mapping experience to share and navigation yarns from the road. 9 months, 21 countries, 32,500 miles, 4 GPS devices, lots of stories.

Happy Holidays,
Peter Bodtke