"Taos Adventure" planning meeting notes
Saturday, September 12, 2009 10:16 AM
Just wanted to get back to everyone one some of the things we talked about at the planning meeting for the "Taos Adventure." We still plan on having at least one more get together to finalize things and I'll let everyone know when that is. For now here is what we have.
1. We decided on 5 nights so that we could get in everything that people would like to do...whitewater rafting, hiking, biking, golf, horseback riding and then the spa to sooth our tired muscles and relax our mind;
2. Over Memorial weekend in 2010 was the time period and Sue M was going to check out airfares over that time period;
3. Sue M was going to get bids for hotels in the area, as she had been there in May and had an idea of what might work out best for a group. She was going to look for lodging that would allow people to pay the lodging directly;
4. Chris L was going to check out car/van rentals;
5. We were looking for around 20 people who might be interested in this adventure.
The following is what I found out about airfare and I still have to verify the lodging and we'll go over that at the next meeting.
The cost for airfare during any 5 day period over Memorial weekend was about $310 and that was into Albuquerque; Santa Fe was way to high of a cost. Even though it was a bit closer to Taos the higher cost wouldn't offset other costs. Even coming back on Memorial Day was the same price as other days.
Well that's what I've got and I'll let you know when the next meeting is and the results of that meeting.
Ciao for now!