Just wanted to get back to everyone one some of the things we talked about at the planning meeting for the "Taos Adventure." We still plan on having at least one more get together to finalize things and I'll let everyone know when that is. For now here is what we have.
1. We decided on 5 nights so that we could get in everything that people would like to do...whitewater rafting, hiking, biking, golf, horseback riding and then the spa to sooth our tired muscles and relax our mind;
2. Over Memorial weekend in 2010 was the time period and Sue M was going to check out airfares over that time period;
3. Sue M was going to get bids for hotels in the area, as she had been there in May and had an idea of what might work out best for a group. She was going to look for lodging that would allow people to pay the lodging directly;
4. Chris L was going to check out car/van rentals;
5. We were looking for around 20 people who might be interested in this adventure.
The following is what I found out about airfare and I still have to verify the lodging and we'll go over that at the next meeting.
The cost for airfare during any 5 day period over Memorial weekend was about $310 and that was into Albuquerque; Santa Fe was way to high of a cost. Even though it was a bit closer to Taos the higher cost wouldn't offset other costs. Even coming back on Memorial Day was the same price as other days.
Well that's what I've got and I'll let you know when the next meeting is and the results of that meeting.
Hiking, Biking, Canoeing, Golfing, Kayaking, Camping, in the Summer.
Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Hiking, Skiing (downhill/XC), actually anything to do with being outdoors, will be a focus for our group. I mean we do live in the Upper Midwest, so getting outside all year round is important to us.
Take a look at what’s happening, find something that looks interesting, and e-mail the organizer taking the lead to find out more. The sooner you get involved, the more people you'll meet, and the more familiar and fun it begins to feel.
Don't you think you deserve some fun in your life and more people to enjoy life with?! Come and check us out. After all it's FREE to sign up and in these tough economic times that's a real plus!
Please check out the video on our "About" page. What a hoot!