Announcing a new Meetup for MN & WI Outdoor & Snow Lovers!
What: Snow Lovers Lake Tahoe Ski Stimulus trip
When: March 6,[masked]:00 AM
Price: $200.00 deposit per person
Where: South Lake Tahoe, NevadaIf you haven't been to South Lake Tahoe recently, you're in for a surprise...
Gone are the old motels and t-shirt shops, replaced by a vibrant village, up-scale lodging and exquisite restaurants. Experience some of the most varied resorts in the world, all within close proximity of your hotel.
Join the Snow Lovers
March 6 - 13, 2010
South Lake Tahoe
for some spring madness!
Sign up for the trip and you're automatically registered for a change to use up some of the organizers frequent flyer miles. The bartender (an objective observer will pick the winner.) So don't forget to come to the Winter Kick-Off Party at Bunker's Music Bar & Grill on Sunday, October 11th.
Oh....did we mention it's also Lee Anne, the assistant organizers birthday?
Included in price:
- Round trip airfare Minneapolis/Reno (unless you win it on the 11th)
- Round trip deluxe motorcoach to/from the airport/casino
- 7 nights lodging at the Montbleu Casino
- All taxes (unless you get the airfare then the taxes are about $10)
- The chance to ski/board/XC with others and meet new friends
- Discount lift tickets are available
A land only option is available for $410. Get your friends from around the country to join you. Airfare from other cities can easily be arranged.
A limited supply of lift tickets for $269 from the SkiTahoe group
is available. Even if you only ski/boarded 4 days the cost breakdown is only about $65 and that's less than a full fare lift ticket at some places.
Cameron Zuege at [address removed] or[masked] for tons more info. Or read further or just download the flyer in the "Files" section of this site.
Checks are made out to the tour operator "Snow Tours" and their deposit/cancellation policy at www.snowtour.com applies.
- is truly one of the most unique ski destinations in the world. The destination offers more to do both on and off the mountain than there are hours in the day. With the perfect blend of sunny California days and wild Nevada nights, we're redefining the term "wildlife".Kirkwood
- Located just south of South Lake Tahoe Kirkwood is just far enough off the beaten path to be a hidden gem to destination travelers. Known for receiving more snow than anywhere else in the states (638" 4 year snow average) Kirkwood offers some of the most epic array of Tahoe terrain. Featuring 12 chair lifts to access 2,300 acres of terrain with 15% beginner, 50% intermediate and 35% advanced & expert terrain everyone will find uncrowded slopes to suit them best.Squaw Valley
- Squaw?s on-mountain attributes are hard to better. A fantastic average when it comes to sunny, cloud-free days, fantastic snow quality due to its proximity to Lake Tahoe, and ? for California at least ? a decent-sized mountain.Northstar
- The mountain has a something for all skier levels from Mt Pluto known for its abundance of groomed runs, moderate pitch and views of Lake Tahoe to the north-facing Lookout Mountain with great snow quality featuring steep groomers and bump runs. If it is terrain parks you're into, Northstar has six parks, each with an amazing variety of jumps, hips, rails, boxes, a Halfpipe and 420' superpipe. Experience the new Northstar Resort!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/outdoor-snowlovers/calendar/11451824/