Outdoor & Snow Lovers Message Board Meetup Tips › Instructions for reducing the number of e-mails

Instructions for reducing the number of e-mails

Lee A.
user 6832128
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 60
Except for a certain type of messages from Organizers, you can control what messages you receive from your Meetup groups

1. Select Account from the menu in the top right corner of the screen
2. Select Membership & Communication from the menu on the left side of the screen
3. Next to the group you want to change, select Edit e-mail settings
4. Under “Group Notifications”, check/uncheck boxes according to your preferences
5. You can also check/uncheck the box under “Automatic Meetup Reminders”
6. Click the Submit button to save

You will need to do this for each group you belong to. This way, you can have different settings for different groups
You can also change these settings through your profile for each group (just for that group)
A former member
Post #: 16
Thanks Lee Anne. Unfortunately, even though I changed my settings, I was still receiving unwanted emails. The only way I heard to get it to work was to unjoin then rejoin, as several folks said they had the same problem. I wonder if it was an updated feature that worked better after I'd joined the first time?