Outdoor Life Adventures Club Message Board › Let’s Take a Hike: Sag Valley Trail

Let’s Take a Hike: Sag Valley Trail

A former member
Hi Hikers,

To bad the hike wasn't today. What glorious day it was? Last forecast I heard for tomorrow: mid 40's with rain in the evening.

The trail is a little muddy in spots. I would recommend boots. I hiked about 3 miles of it today.

We will meet at Swallow Cliff Woods. Swallow Cliff Woods is 1/8 miles west of La Grange Road/96th Ave (US 45) on Cal-Sag Road (Rt 83). From I-55 exit LaGrange Rd South. Take a Cal-Sag Road West (Left). It will be on the left in 1/8 mile. (The 1st left). As soon as you get into the parking lot park (on the north side of the parking lot, right off Rt 83). I am driving a Dark Blue Explorer. The trail runs along Rt 83 at this point.

From the south: Take LaGrange Rd (US45) North. Take a Cal-Sag Road (Rt 83) West (Left). It will be on the left in 1/8 mile. (The 1st left). As soon as you get into the parking lot park (on the north side of the parking lot, right off Rt 83). I am driving a Dark Blue Explorer. The trail runs along Rt 83 at this point.

There will be some of cars on the South side of the parking lot. There use to be a toboggan slide there. Many people come here to run the steps (121 steps). If we have energy, we can do this after the hike. Remember: We will be on the North side as soon as you enter the parking lot.

We will meet at 10:15 and start the hike at 10:30 sharp. Please be on time.

Any problems, call me at (708) 342-1164

See you tomorrow,

Kevin

Let’s Take a Hike: Sag Valley Trai…