addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Oxford Movie Fans Meetup Message Board › Important - Membership Dues

Important - Membership Dues

Brian S.
user 8552442
Oxford, GB
Dear All

I have changed the way in which the group is run. There are an awful lot of members who have joined the group but never come to a meet up so I would like to encourage a smaller but more active membership. The cost of membership is now £10 per year (rather than £1 per month) payable by Paypal. The money will be spent on website costs (it costs £100 per year to run) and a group mobile phone that will make it easier to meet other members on events.

Existing members have 6 weeks to pay membership after which they will be removed. Should enough people subscribe I will reduce the fee and possible offer refunds.

A former member
Post #: 9
Just paid up via paypal - hope it makes me attend more meetups!
Brian S.
user 8552442
Oxford, GB
Post #: 43
Futher to my last message - New members (or existing members who haven't yet come to an event) may try a couple of events first without paying the subscription dues.

Forth coming attractions over the summer are:

• The Last Harry Potter Film - I may look into an Imax screening
  • The Summer Blockbusters - Cowboys & Aliens, Green Lantern, Transformers 3(D) & X-Men First Class
  • Drama in the form of - Water For Elephants, The Tree of Life (the fifth film by maverick director Terrence Malik - his first film came out in 1971!)
  • Documentaries - Senna - the life and times of possible the greatest race driver in the world
  • And even Horror - Julia's Eyes - a creepy shocker from Spain, Pirannah 3DD which if it builds on last years film could be great fun.