add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Worcester Paddling Meetup Group Message Board Important Info about the Worcester Paddling Meetup Group and Anwers to FAQ › New organizers for the Worcester Paddling Meetup Group

New organizers for the Worcester Paddling Meetup Group

Worcester, MA
Hi everyone!
I have had an amazing 6 years as organizer of the Worcester Paddling Meetup Group, very much thanks to all of you who have participated, and especially thanks to all of the assistant organizers over the years who have been such a big part of making the group what it is today.   I started the group just looking for a few people to go kayaking with; I never imagined it would grow to over 500 people and still growing!  I have met so many wonderful people in the group and I have learned so much from everyone.  I cherish the relationships that I have made through the group and the experience you have all given me over the last 6 years.  For those reasons it has been a difficult decision for me to make, but I have decided that I am at a point in life where it is time for me to step down as organizer.  However, I am very happy to tell you that next week Nancy and Susan will be taking over as co-organizers of the group.  They have both been amazing in all the trips they have organized and again, in how much I have learned from them and how much they have contributed to the development of the group.  I know that everyone who has paddled with them has been grateful for their guidance and efforts into making each trip a great experience.

Now, we make a call out for some help.  While Nancy and Susan are great about getting trips organized, they, like everyone else, have busy lives, and it’s difficult to get trips planned on a regular basis across the season.  So we are asking you to consider being an assistant organizer so they can get some help getting trips planned.  If we can get several people to help, even if you can each only organize a couple of trips a season that is a huge help.  Really the more people that get involved, the easier it is for everyone, so *please* consider helping out!  It is in that spirit that I have agreed to stay on as an assistant organizer and I will do what I can, I hope you will consider doing the same!  It is not difficult to organize trips, the basics are choosing an appropriate time and place, being there to help everyone get together at the launch and coordinating when there are questions or if there is bad weather, etc.  If you are interested or have any questions about being an assistant organizer, please email Susan (you can email her through the meetup site, just click on her name in the list of organizers and then click Send Email under her name when her profile comes up) and she will talk to you more about it.

Happy and safe paddling, see you on the water!
Susan L
user 7773139
Holden, MA
Post #: 21
Christine, Thank you for all the time and effort you have but into the meetup over the last 6 years. When I bought my first kayak 6 summers ago the family was not happy I was planning on going paddling by myself. A friend told me about meetups and I search and found this group. It was a great way to get out and enjoy the local area and it calmed the family down know I was not out there alone. That summer I met my best friends while paddling with your group. I learned to wet exit and how to get back in. I learned the proper way to paddle so my arms and shoulders were not tired after hours of paddling. All learned from other people in the group who were nice enough to share what they knew.

Hopefully we will be able to keep this group going for years to come. I am glad you have decided to stay on with the group.

Susan L